MicroStrategy Has Bought the Equivalent of 28% of All Bitcoin Since its First Purchase
Since its first big-money bitcoin purchase in August 2020, MicroStrategy has gone on a Bitcoin buying spree. The intelligence software firm has now become the biggest buyer of Bitcoin.
Following a recently announced purchase of 7,002 BTCs at a total price of $414.4 million between November 1 and November 29, MicroStrategy now holds the most Bitcoins, 121,044 BTCs, worth approximately $7 billion.
Bitcoin Magazine has announced that MicroStrategy’s recent purchase means the firm, led by long-time Bitcoin evangelist, Michael Saylor, has now purchased the equivalent of 28% of all #Bitcoin created since its first $BTC purchase in 2020. The magazine tweeted;
MicroStrategy has purchased the equivalent of 28% of all #Bitcoin created since its first $BTC buy pic.twitter.com/ZQtmHuX0qe
— Bitcoin Magazine (@BitcoinMagazine) December 1, 2021
Here is a breakdown of MicroStrategy’s most significant Bitcoin purchases;
- August 11, 2020: first bitcoin purchase worth $250 million – at the time
- September 14, 2020: Buys 16,796 BTC at an aggregate purchase price of $175 million after adopting a new treasury reserve policy
- December 21, 2020: buys $650 million worth of Bitcoin at the end of its senior convertible notes offering
- February 24, 2021: an additional $1 billion worth of Bitcoin after an equivalent debt raise and Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) $1.5 billion purchase
- November 30: Announces a $414.4 million between November 1 and November 29
MicroStrategy now holds 121,044 bitcoins, worth approximately $7 billion. Interestingly, while Bitcoin trades above $56k, MicroStrategy spent roughly $3.6 billion to acquire their entire bitcoin holdings ( an average purchase price of approximately $29,534 per BTC).
On The Flipside
- Investors have raised concerns about MicroStrategy’s accumulation of Bitcoin, that it could lead to a major debt if Bitcoin plunges hard
Why You Should Care?
Institutional investors big bets on Bitcoin affirm their beliefs on Bitcoin’s continual existence and improved performance
Join to get the flipside of crypto
Upgrade your inbox and get our DailyCoin editors’ picks 1x a week delivered straight to your inbox.
You can always unsubscribe with just 1 click.
Continue reading on DailyCoin